A CULINARY & LIFESTYLE WEBSITE
12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 tbsp tequila
12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for ½ hour prior to use
Mixed Greens/ Mesculan Mix
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 shallot, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp nigella seeds
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan, and gently sauté nigella seeds for about 1 minute.
2. Add fennel seeds, shallots and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, being careful not to
3. Remove to a jar and add the remaining oil and vinegar. Screw on lid and shake
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle over the greens.
6. Divide into 4 portions in martini glasses, and place plate carefully on top. Invert plate
1. Gently cook garlic in olive oil over a low heat setting for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Add tequila and stir.
4. Marinade shrimp for about 4 hours.
5. Skewer the shrimp so that a ‘hook’ is formed with the shrimp.
6. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side, or until slightly charred and smoky.
7. Carefully remove shrimp from skewers and hook 3 onto stem of each martini glass.
Garnish with lemon wedges or slices.
Copyright © Spicy Secrets | All Rights reserved